Thursday, June 30, 2011

freedom scares ...


i see no more than silhouettes of bamboo trees from the window
as the yellow bulb inside, peers at every object to cast a shadow

a side-table figurine offers to engage me in a small conversation
to end the long hours of silence between me and all my obsessions

as i sit in a vortex of choices, trying to breathe in some 'free' air
my fears & my doubts begin to reveal themselves slowly, in layers

like a jackpot winner i brood over my new found wealth at length
'go splurge', calls one side, 'cautious', warns my waning strength

with every day that passes, i sink a little more, under its weight
even as plans morph into wishes and ideas fail before any debate

i've lost my smile & i've my song & the very root that held along
amazed and appalled, i long for the chains that'd held me for long

oh! i now wish to go back once to where everything was defined
this freedom taunts me to do much more than i've been destined

2 comments:

Aishwarya Pratap said...

Different view on freedom.....
but this chaos and discomfort is temp...if we sail thru this...then only we reach unknown territories...and discoveries of life.....

Deepika Sahai said...

Very nicely portrayed...:) at times freedom do scare. Bu I agree with Aishwarya. Be patient, give some time and you will see wonders of this new phase. Life will unfold b'fully and you will find yourself doing and enjoying everything that you ever wanted to do...:)