Tuesday, November 15, 2016

In search of naught ...

I rolled out the moonshine onto the lake and drew some stars on the ebony sky
Blew a little breeze to rustle the clouds and drew in a smoky trail from nearby

Few waves curled under the sleepy mist, while the woods hummed a jingle old
I watched my breath fade into the night as I traced my toes away from the cold

They came and sat next to me, memories of the time when I was a 7-year-old
I listened to them with much amusement; plans of winning the mountain fold

‘Long-time ol’ girl … long time indeed!’ they looked at me with a saintly smile
‘Hey! nice to meet you guys’ I replied, but they were gone; it had been a while

I wished for the winter snow flake to find me & take me where they played a lot
It'd been long since I had dreamt, long, since I had gone afar in search of naught

1 comment:

Santosh Venkat said...

Very nicely written.. Nice choice of words. Keep em coming to.