Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reminiscence


A store house in the corner of my terrace, no one bothers to enter now

Has grown up with me all the way through, as far as my memory allows


Filled up with paraphernalia I casted off, while sailing ahead in life,

It offers me the coast I need when I pause at times, feeling deprived


That night, when I opened its door, some chocolate moments awaited me

My Tobu cycle, on which I dreamed, to see the world, pedaling gingerly


Next to it slept my Barbie; soiled clothes, sans hair, yet pretty, as ever

Pulling back drapes from memory, I mused over days we're together


I dusted off a thick scrap book, my holiday home-work, running into miles

And a sweet reminiscence of my school days left behind a child-like smile


An earring parted from its match, a pair of stilettos choked with earth

Or even the rusted cooler in a corner had all shared my gloom n mirth


Few more windows opened inside, n I peeped into some dear moments

Leaning by an aged rickety chair, a teardrop joined me that very instant


Looking at the fan, as it toiled, to bring about a puff of air on my face

I closed my eyes to sail back in time, away from future, to my solace!

P.S. : The inspiration for this one too after quite sometime is
Aishwarya P Singh :)

11 comments:

Aakash said...

I can give you a general comment. But kyunki aap Didi ho to yeh critical comment -
This has become your trademark style of writing... Has to have some variety also...

Amit said...

hmmmm...agreed .... the poem is certainly a good piece of work, but to us who are following your blog religiously it lacks a little bit of freshness.....but with the creative mind you have I am sure we will see some thing completely fresh in ur next creation.....

Aditi Only said...

thanks a ton to both u bros for your honest comments :)

Am surely going to try to think apart from trademark style to retain the freshness!

Thanks again!

Shreyans M said...

And when I came to know its all imaginative, I was surprised, "How can one imagine so realistic !!!" (that too in the absence of the subject on which she wrote)

Kudos to you girl.

Shreyans M said...

You unknowingly described the store house of my home. The very similar things such as bicycle, He-Man toy, GI-Joes, Metabuild toolkit, my solid truck & its various accessories, cooler, my junior study table & chair, holiday scrap books with lots & lots of maths sums & english words written full length pages, my pair of skates, hand-made water pump & telescope & microscope, broken Benjo, voila...
Missing all these things when I'm away from home. Kya din they woh bhi.

Aishwarya Pratap said...

i can guess the source discussion:)
waise genuine comment mila....
chalo kuch fresh try karein this time:)
im sure wont b difficult at all:)

Roh.... said...

beautifully woven the words into a poem..Liked the flow of thoughts.

Rohit

www.roh-creation.blogspot.com

Infinite Horizon said...

hey...indeed touching flow of thoughts...imagination very close to real...hey aditi this one was quiet impressive.. request is here but...waiting for ur blog bubbling with energy,close to life of vella youngsters(Coutsey: DCE crowd :D)....
Once again..lemme say..this was lovely indeed...Cheers!!!

Anuj said...

btr one i wud say - this time i got it:)
I wud say - One shud only remember the past -if that doesnot affect ur future! There are times wen one just want to get over the past beacuse it restricts u to venture in new territories ! I just pray - that i get over the void ASAp otherwise it will b difficult for me to live:P pray for me too!

Aditi Only said...

thanks a lot to all you guys ... wud try to put a fresh one next time ... hopin to succeed in it ... :)

Nitin Jain said...

bachpan ki yaadein!! new style of writing or old one.. i like it.. keep blogging..!!

:-)