Thursday, December 23, 2010

idee fixe

I sit on the corner of a long wooden bench
in a dimly lit corridor, washed of its stench

As I try to chart my life against yearly index
Am gagged by a lull, pulling down its vortex

An unplugged vending machine stares at me
Ridiculing at the stillness growing inside me

 couldn’t remember my present but certainly
I could see a girl in my past, full of vivacity

There was hope and also belief, to achieve
the big-small ideas my mind had connived

They now appear lost so with notions mixed
I close my 2010 diary; dreams appendixed!!

Few locks of future knotted with anticipation
rise before my eyes with slurred acceleration

Like each year, I'd carry them to year next
term as Resolution on New Year’s pretext

‘Hope you get through’, my diary implores
& eleven brings success that world adores

So get ready, Dear 2011, I'll load unfazed
With idée fixes that even sets me amazed!!

No comments: