Monday, June 15, 2009

growing illiterate...

With each passing day I am getting more and more illiterate...


Each class I attend adds a few more areas to my list of ignorance.


It is something like listening or reading to know what all you do not know rather than to know the subject themselves.


As stacks of books breathe their last before my eyes, I realize how much I owed to them. They took away with them a world of their own. And I know that I will not be able to see them again no matter how much ever I wish too.


I sit before my study table with the feeling of separation. But even before I can lament upon their loss another set meets the same fate.


It’s funny!


I think I was more literate as a child, knowing all what was taught to me. I knew about all the birds and animals in my book and about all the tables and addition and subtraction my teacher told me about.


I knew about colors and I knew about the rainbow. And I still had the time to look at the sky and play in my garden.


Life has moved since then to a different stage altogether from school to graduation to here in a management school.


At the end of each term what one retains is an index and a summary. What is in between is to be gone through as and when the need arises.


...aaah ... time to say good bye to yet another book "with a tear in the corner of my eye and a lump in my throat"


bye all ...

11 comments:

Aishwarya Pratap said...

acha likha:)....but its more of considering how much u can gather of what the book is offering rather than trying to extract everything...thats what the world expects now.....at least frmo managers:)....like u....

Insights of life and realisations with kaykay said...

Exactly what I feel abt MBA.... written in your words... :) same situation...

Unknown said...

vry well written!!!...same feelings here...its rather sad tht quite a few subjects have gone by without evn opening the books...

varun.... said...

finally.....long awaited blog....ur first one since u joined Management school :P

From the tittle it seems a comparison between school n B school but i was bit disappointed a very brief comparison was there :(

but no issue very well written :)

Shreyans M said...

But then its all about managing what is in need from the book & making an index of summary which can be referred as & when needed !!!
Dunno what am I writing, cuz the same happened during the graduation too. :P ;)

Nikhil said...

The pages and their lines,
shall be lost to the sands of time,
but of that which was said between those lines,
shall stay with us in our minds

LOL
nice post.. kya vichaar hai, waah! itna emotional books ke liye.. u could replace the "books" with "friends" easily here!

Shreyans M said...

Kya baat hai Sheth sahab ne kya khoob kahi hai :)

Anonymous said...

Well put but thr is lot more beyond this tht is happening which needs to b incorporated......always remember "People who succeed in life are those with desire and ambition and not with the highest degree of education" - God knows who said this but this makes a lot of sense....

Aditi Only said...

sure it does roosh :)

Unknown said...

really hard to understand this feeling especially of separation from ur books.quite a little surprizing.How come its making u illiterate, but I guess its all with deep sense of nostalgia.

Unknown said...

well a problem i had been pondering over....
and u hv worded it very well fr me...

well written