Monday, January 20, 2020

A 'filter'ed vacation

Note: - based on the liberal use of filters to share pics on Instagram (or other social media channels) 

I clicked a selfie at the entrance gate of the resort
‘Never mind if it’s dark dear’ was my man’s retort

‘By raising the contrast and cooling the shadows
I will set the picture right before anyone follows’

In a moment, my skin was lit up with natural grace
As if I’d just come out of a spa, ‘look at that face’

Sitting in a hammock I played with light and color
Until I ensured that autumn had turned to summer

The sunsets had never been so enchanting before
By refining the reds, Ludwig ensured “less is more”

The blues were never so blue, nor were the greens
Exuding peace and love in every frame by all means

Lark, Sierra, and Walden, they were all on their toes
Pepping my life, to the envy of my friends and foes

Filter coffees were filtered more, to make it intense
The color, not the taste, if you took it in that sense

Even the fruit bowl was brighter; all credits to Juno
No, not our attendant, it’s an #instafilter you know

Never mind what I saw, savored or sensed for real
The experience was upraised, no matter how trivial

By the number of likes, this #instavacation was a hit
A hidden gem?’, comments one, asking, where is it?

No comments: