Tuesday, August 27, 2024

The Sleeping Buddha

Under the frozen fireworks, the mighty Buddha sleeps

Lying blissfully in his fortress of snow as the dawn sweeps


A lens-shaped cloud draws over his face like a soft curtain

And I watch him, rooted to the ridge of another mountain


The bluish-white silhouette embodies eternal tranquillity

acknowledges me as a child lost in the crowd of humanity


Trekking from Sepi to Samanden to Sabargram via Molley

for a flawless view of the Kanchenjunga wasn’t some folly


I fill up on silence as my heart reels from the inner noise

awaiting la primera ray of light to stir the panoramic poise


A crimson orb appears in the east, highlighting the horizon

Casting a celestial glow on the massif that’s now vermilion




I stand witness to the genesis of a new world anointed by fire

And I see a shot at redemption before we face nature’s ire


Racing against disruptions, degradations, disasters & deaths

Why can’t we allow our only planet to catch a few breaths?


Will we finally ask ourselves how much do we really need

and let Buddha’s message of contentment win over greed? 




No comments: