Saturday, November 16, 2019

Cynophobia & KravMaga

-->
And there I was, on time, for my KravMaga session
my mind throwing kicks & punches in anticipation

Parking the car just a few steps away from the gate
I seized my bag & stepped out, unaware of my fate

A pair of green eyes lunged towards me with a howl
I shrieked, struggling to add up as to what went foul

A skinny black creature was there blocking my way
As I leaped back into my car trying to wish her away

My panic spoke loudly to her as she sat down there
knowing very well I would not take her simple dare

I snooped on her in my rear-view mirror, shifty & sly
Listening to my heart pumping iron as time slid by

Slowly she came near the door trying to sniff me out
so I decided to play dead hoping it to be a knockout

Ignoring the cold sweat that had broken on my face
I pleaded to the almighty, to win this coup de grace

But the technique failed both in theory & in practice
she saw through my guard, in no mood for armistice

The ultrasonic dog repellent device didn’t work too
as if the whole universe was giving me a subtle cue

Cast down & glum, I turned on the ignition of my car
& withdrew, aware that the phobia has gone too far

No comments: