Monday, November 25, 2019

Out on the deck ...


Out on the deck from dusk to dawn until those zillion stars lit up my soul
Rolling on the waves under the Mediterranean sky was my life’s only goal

Catching a shooting star at night as it tried to bolt past my eyes in a flash
Burrowing deep in blanket, to escape the cold, peering out through a gash

Having feasted on all the kebaps, koftes, pilavs & kunefes that I could find
And devouring as many books as I could, in this break from the daily grind
                                                                                                    
I was now happily snoozing away in the middle of the sea sans earthly care
living a dream that no treasure of the world could match up to or compare

Was I seeking them or were they all waiting here for me? I asked them
And they twinkled, hinting at me to surrender to the cosmic conundrum






No comments: