Wednesday, December 11, 2019

So what do you do?

Introductory conversation, after my KravMaga class with a fellow student -

Fellow - So, where are you from?

Me - Ah! I am from a lot of places.

Fellow - Ya, but where are you basically from?

Me - Basically from a lot of places.

Fellow - Like I am from Hyderabad, similarly, where you are from?

Me - Similarly, I am from a lot of places in India. If perception is what you want to make quickly about me then I am a bit from Delhi and Mumbai and Patna and Bangalore.

Fellow - Ok. And, what do you do?

Me - I learn KravMaga.

Fellow - Ya, but what do you do actually?

Me - Well, I actually learn KravMaga. 

Fellow - And what did you do before this?

Me - I was working for a company XYZ. 

Fellow - Are you looking for a job then?

Me - No, I am not looking.

Fellow - So you are not working?

Me - I thought learning KravMaga is quite some work. Don't you think?

Fellow - Ya. But I mean, you are a housewife right now, right?

Me (invoking my inner Buddha) - Well, I am a KravMaga student, who also happens to write sometimes. If that's what a housewife is, as per your definition then, YES. 



No comments: