Friday, September 11, 2020

Store room (edit from the past)

A storeroom at a corner of my home that no one bothers to enter now
Has grown up with me all the way through as far as my thoughts allow

Chockfull with paraphernalia I had cast off while sailing ahead in life

It offers me the coast I need when I pause at times, stuck in some strife

 

That night, when I opened its door, some fond moments awaited eagerly

My Tobu cycle, on which I'd dreamt to see the world, pedaling gingerly

 

Next to it slept my Barbie; soiled clothes, little hair, yet pretty, as ever

Pulling back the drapes from the past, I mused over days we're together

 

I dusted off a fat scrapbook, my holiday home-work, running into miles

Some sweet memories of my school days left behind a bundle of smiles

 

An earring parted from its match, a pair of sneakers choked with earth

Or even the rusted cooler in a corner had all shared my gloom n mirth

 

Looking at the fan, as it sweated, to bring about a puff of air on my face

I closed my eyes, to go back in time, away from the future, to my solace!

No comments: