Thursday, August 5, 2021

There goes the pan!

A deep gash ran through its center, cutting open its skin 

My spirit fell, as I held it in my hand gently with a napkin


Bought after much research and reviews of the reviews 

It was top of the line non-stick pan with designer views


For months, we had cared for it in the best possible way 

Silicone spatulas, sponge scrubs, and gel soap to sway


But that day, it was picked up by the maid among others

And exposed to third-degree torture just like its brothers


No allowance was given for surface, stain, or sentiment

Every one bore the same share of drubbing and detergent


As it was left to dry itself in the tub, I grasped my goof-up 

and rushed to its rescue but I knew the grave was dug up


Guilty, I tried to heal the wound but it was a lost struggle

With moist eyes, it was time to sound the farewell bugle


You were a dear pan! I choked, unable to bear the drills 

It was time to put it into the joint drawer for all utensils!

No comments: