Monday, August 2, 2021

Valley of Shepherds - Pahalgam

Lavender swayed gently at my feet, a quaint purple haze

gently pouring into my soul, spread as far as I could gaze 


Seizing the surreal shades of the sky & its surroundings

Brimming with stories about its gutsy glacial beginnings


A little ahead through the fields, a glacial river gushed 

Rolling over all the murmur around as my mind hushed















Spring swirled in every breath, scenting the dew drops

As trees shook off the last tufts of snow from their tops 


Snow peaked mountains rose around, sheathed in pine 

Blazing under the rising sun, as if an abode of the divine


Up among those hilltops was a gorgeous green meadow 

An eternal expanse of joy that only nature could bestow


A flock of sheep tumbled out in the open ready to graze

Their shepherd leaning by a walnut tree with a firm gaze


Suddenly it began to rain, leaving me without adjectives

A wooden bridge led me to a shelter used by the natives


Through the veil of raindrops, I saw a quaint little village

Absorbed, almost meditatively in its chores, like a sage


The bliss of boundless beauty; how could I ever surmise! 

Was I in the center of the universe? Was this ... paradise?



No comments: