Wednesday, March 19, 2008

serendipity ..



She bent over, her palm over mine, as we both struggled to draw a line,

Trying for the fifth time, so that our apple could look more than a lime


“I can’t do it mummaa” I complained and repeated for the nth time

“Do it slowly beta, it will come out fine”, she consoled as I whined


I think I was three; Curious ‘bout stars n astonished by flowers

And she on her toes, watching me, as I tripped over dolls n cars


Going down the memory lane, via the old family album

Found en route some wonderful memories - me n mum!


‘First Prize in Art in Class’ when I was only five

Was a true feat for her, no words could describe


And she had a success story for our neighbours

When I crossed the finishing line before others


Even today, each task I face seems small

When she says ‘Jus do! It’s nothing at all’


I wonder over my life’s first veracity

She – my mom is sheer serendipity…..




10 comments:

Aditi Only said...

this poem is a byproduct of the thousand pjs I shared with my group at lunch ... few moments of truth amidst those ... the result was this poem !!

shishir and abhishek ...u might be surprised but... thanks :)

Aakash said...

Nostalgic!

Walking down the lonely lanes of memory,
I found a treasure hidden somewhere deep in ally.
Flicking through the faded pages of ancient album,
I relived those moments of fun.
Moments, when I was with you,
Holding your hand always following you.
The feeling of security,
The sense of protection,
Those which were then,
Are still the same, with you I am when.

..................................
I will write rest somewhere else.

Kim said...

well done ady !!! beautiful poem !!! words impecabbly arranged in nostalgia !!! n i noticed the stanzas flowing like a waterfall :))

Good one !!!

Unknown said...

I told u haunting daunting and what was the third word..:-) will prove to be a great inspiration but its truly beautiful..i mean its very rare that i read something which makes me think and think hard .Its beautifully crafted like petals held together by a fine string infact what stuck me most was it sounded like a musical a really wonderful musical and u never need to say thanks its ur imagination and we i am saying this on behalf of abhishek also would keep on torturing u all with our truly wonderful jokes :-)

Thoda Khao Thoda Phenko said...

great lines....simple n yet so true....very interesting style by the way

Aditi Only said...

thanks a lot for all your comments.... :))
m more than delighted!!

and shishir ... that word u missed is flaunting :P

ABHISHEK said...

Aditi, I am not thinking of ...writing a line here...filled words like petals..and musical like shishir did :) All i have to say is that you have got words and you use them in such way that they become literary treat for all your readers.

Dil se said...

its not ur creativity.
its the soul u hv
its not the words u wrote
its the feeling beneath the words
I adore u with the heart I hv
I pour u with the love I can
So that u can pen
thy love for world

Aishwarya Pratap said...

ur byproduct already inspired two poems and two articles.....tht explains everything..
bus itni tarif kafi hai:)
baki refer to my earlier mails for remaning comment:)

Nitin Jain said...

rula ditta.. office mein baith mummy ki yaad aa gayi!!