Saturday, April 4, 2020

How long? How far?

Cooped in my home for fifteen days now I listen to the birds outside
But this pleasant pandemonium is subdued by the commotion inside

Slowly crept into my dreams, telling me stories, I don’t want to hear
How far could I be from becoming one of those numbers? I now fear

New recipes, new exercises, new books and a ‘new’ more to explore
The social pressure to do something new is plaguing me to my core

Fighting an enemy, we can’t see, can’t believe it’s happening for real
All hopes are on medics risking their lives despite the lack of material

I don’t mind staying at home at all, I have enough to keep me going
But how will those on the roads survive with empty bellies growling?

Exponential to logarithmic, steep to flat, graphs and projections galore
How far is the cure? How long will this go? Nobody can tell for sure

No comments: